LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the web publishing tool - problem with maximizing ie windows

hey guys and gals,

I am using the web publishing tool and it works fine.  However, when I am running the vi remotely with control enabled, I experience a bit of a problem.  The top level vi opens fine, but when I do something that calls a subVI, a new window pops up.  This window is the correct subVI, but it doesn't come up full screen.  Is there a way to make these subVIs pop up in a maximized state?  Keep in mind, when I am running the program on the host computer this problem doesn't occur.  In other words, the subVIs pop up full screen without any problems.

thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,400 Views)
Hi, shoemakemusic.

You can achieve this behavior in a couple of ways. The simplest is to maximize your subVI and save it in the state. When it's called by the top-level VI, it'll appear at the same size. If you're using monitors of different resolutions, however, you may want to use a property node in your subVI to set Front Panel Window»Keep Window Proportions. I think the Context Help window describes this property's functionality best: "The window changes size so it covers the same percentage of the screen that it covered at its original resolution." Just save your subVI in a maximized state and make sure this property is set at the beginning of the VI.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any problems. Have a nice evening!
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,387 Views)
thanks so much.  I won't have the time to actually test this for a week, but it sounds like it might work.

THANKS!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,379 Views)