LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the TDM Header Writer VI's

I'm using the TDM Header Writer VI's to create a .TDM file for a binary file created during a test.  However, when I attempt to view the .TDM file in DIAdem, none of the data or header info is present.  The icon for the .TDM file in the navigation view of DIAdem is a "?".  If I open the .TDM file in notepad, the header information is all there.  I am not receiving any errors from the header writer VI's during execution either.   When I probe the refnum created by Create TDM File.vi, I get an invalid refnum, but everything still seems to work.   Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,678 Views)

Hey John,

Have you tried creating a TDM with the examples that came with those VIs and opening the new TDM in DIAdem? If so then what is the result? Here's the link again just in case. There are some examples in the Examples folder and the TdmHW Examples.llb

Regards

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,660 Views)

Sam,

I have tried the included examples, and I can view those files in DIAdem w/o a problem.  If you would like, I can post some my code.

John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,650 Views)
Yes please do.  It sounds like something isn't being set correctly in your code.
jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,646 Views)

Sam,

When I was packing up my code to send to you, I found an error in how I was processing an array.  I seem to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for you help,

John

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,621 Views)