LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the (N-1) data from N data points

Hello everyone,

I am receiving continuous set of data points (average and stand dev.) from the VI with time. Like as, when it is 1s, i get one data, when two second i get another data and it continues. So continuously i am having the last point data if I want to use it for other purposes. My issue: I want to use the previous point data and use that with the present data. Example: Equation: (Present point - previous point); But i don't have the previous data as i am having the last data continuously. How can i store the previous data continuously and use it with the present one? Like as whenever, my third point comes up, i want to use both the third point and second point.

Thanks,

Arnab 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,498 Views)

Feedback nodes or shift registers will hold the values from previous iterations.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,484 Views)

Thanks. But how can i collect that previous iteration value and use it? Can you please give me an example?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,479 Views)

Attach the VI you currently have.  It probably has a loop in it somewhere, and loops are where you attach Shift Registers.  If we see the VI, we can (better) show you where the Shift Register should go.

Note that as nice and powerful as LabVIEW might be, it cannot predict the future.  If the clock has "ticked" and you haven't done something with point N-1, it's gone ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,473 Views)

As Bob mentioned, I can't guess what your code looks like to make modifications to it.

Additionally, it wouldn't be a good use of anyone's time to create an example.  You can go to help->find examples and enter either of those terms or put them into google and get a plethora of examples.  The hardest part is knowing the name.  Once you have that, google is your best friend (in any language)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,462 Views)