From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using myRio to measure analog input

Hi all, 

I'm using labview 2019 with myrio toolkit to measure an analog signal +/- 10V. I'm new to labview, and I designed a simple program to read and graph an incoming waveform. Using a DC power supply to test, and using the differential A0 input on the C side. I am getting odd results with a full spectrum of noise. A screencap is attached of the aquired signal (~+1.6 V). As you can see, sometimes the reading is correct and sometimes it's wild, sometimes just wild. Could this be a bad connection? Any advice would be appreciated, not sure why this would be occuring. 

bSeleb_0-1580410854148.png

bSeleb_1-1580410992807.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,206 Views)

What environment do you have this in? Do you have large loads anywhere around the analog input? Is the analog input shielded?

You should try to give more information on what you are doing with the RIO.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,197 Views)

Update, sorry. This will ultimately be used to read the +/-10 V analog signal from a BNC output of an old instrumentation panel to streamline data collection. For now I'm just testing my program with a DC power supply. There are no large loads nearby, we considered that issue. But the analog input is not particularly well shielded (prototyping wires). 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,190 Views)

I would think it could be ground looping. Do you have your power supply and daq system plugged into the same circuit? If you disconnect the voltage do you still see the noise with nothing on the channel?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,184 Views)

Yes, when I disconnect I will either see 0 V (correct) or noise between +10V and -10V

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,178 Views)