From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using mono 8-bit data acquired from a soundcard as an input to the single tone extraction vi

Hello there, I am a complete novice and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice as to how I convert the data acquired from a souncard into a time signal which I can input to the tone extraction vi, (I am intending to replace the static signal which the tone extraction vi takes currently and replace it with a continuous signal from the soundcard)
Thanks
Em
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,546 Views)
To convert any array which you have into a waveform data type you can use the Build Waveform function. Your array of values is wired into the Y terminal and you must wire the sample interval (1/sample rate) into the dt terminal. This will get you a waveform which you can use with Extract Single Tone.vi and any other Waveform Measurement vi's. Example attached.

Ian
Message 2 of 5
(2,546 Views)
Hi Ian, thanks for the reply, I don't suppose you have a copy of the example for LabView 6.0 do you? as I received a load error when I tried to run your VI.
Thanks in anticipation
Em
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,546 Views)
Attached is a version of the VI saved for 6.0, original was in 6.1. (I haven't tested it as I no longer have 6i on my machine but it should work)
Ian
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,546 Views)
Thankyou, that was a tremendous help! (Using the DC elimination was useful too!)
Em
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,546 Views)