LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using labview to save screenshot of the Agilent oscilloscope with the command DISPlay:DATa?

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to save the screenshot to my computer. Writing the command DISPlay:DATa? PNG, SCReen, COLor through VISA and then reading the returned value, but the returned value is incomplete, who knows how to save the screenshot to the computer? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,725 Views)

The most obvious thing to me would be to increase the 100kB read limit you have. Does your return count equal 100000? If so you should increase that.

Also, I have not used that command on an oscilloscope, but are you sure you want a .txt extension and not a .png extension for your file? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,688 Views)

To me, this isn't a LabVIEW issue so much as an incomplete understanding of that particular command.  If you haven't already done so, you'd probably be better served by visiting the Agilent forums as well.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,681 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Panleng920607

You don't give the scope model, so hard to tell if that's a valid SCPI command for your scope.  I've seen some that require less and others more parameters all depends on the make and model.  

I'd follow gregoryj's suggestions; increase the read size by a few orders of magnitude and label your file as a PNG.

You might also just read the data the scope is sending (replace VISA read to file with VISA read) and see if the data starts with "PNG".  If not then you might not be getting the image data at all...and you might need to reconsider that SCPI command syntax.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,657 Views)