LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using continuous filter mode with two different sets of data at the same time?

Is there a way to use a filter in continuous mode with two different sets of data simultaneously?  What I have in mind would allow me to use two "instances" of Butterworth filters at the same time, both in continuous mode, both handling different sets of data.

I have several arrays of current data and several arrays of voltage data- it would be easiest for me to filter the first current array, then the first voltage, then the second current, and so on... The currents are taken one after another (the only reason it is separated into different arrays is to keep track of where state changes occured) so initializing the filter each time is not ideal. 

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,396 Views)

David:

I hope all is well. If I understand correctly, you are trying to simultaneously filter two different arrays of data, which means that the same filter parameters (low pass/high pass, cutoff frequency) will be applied to both arrays of data. One of the ways to achieve this would be to use a "Merge Signals" to merge both the current and voltage data and pass the resulting signal into the Filter Express VI. When I tried this, I was able to view both filtered data at the same time. Please feel to try this and let me know if it answers your question.

Regards,

Rudi N.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,385 Views)

Rudi:  It sounds like you have the idea of what I am trying to do.  My problem has been the "init/cont" mode setting for the filter since I have several arrays.  I can filter this way:

Voltage (init) -> voltage (cont) -> voltage (cont) -> votlage (cont) ...

and then

Current (init) -> current (cont) -> current (cont) -> current (cont) ...

But what I want to do is:

Voltage (init filter 1) -> Current (init filter 2) -> Voltage (cont filter 1) -> Current (cont filter 2) -> ... and so on

I will try the merging, it would be something like:

Voltage & Current (init) -> Voltage & Current (cont) -> ... that will be easy enough if it works!

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,378 Views)

David:

Please feel free to try the merge as I described and let me know if it answers your question.

Regards,

Rudi N.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,359 Views)