LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using cRIO 9148's AI as controls

Hello there!

First of all, sorry for my bad english. Hope I can explain myself.

I´ve received a task of implementing a bench test for some variables (such as temperature, humidity, angular displacement, etc) using the 9148 chassis and LabVIEW codes.

I´m only using the Scan Interface Method (no FPGA).

My question is... Is there a way to select the ports/inputs/modules with a Control? Because what I am doing is the "drag n drop" method from the project window. But for what I need, it would be better if I could choose which input to measure in the beggining of the application, because they will vary according to the test.

I thought of doing a case selected by strings or enums, but I really wanted something more direct. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks in advance,

Henrique

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,334 Views)

Hello again!

Apparently I´ve solved my problem. Using the Shared Variable Functions, I´ve created a control directly from the function and now I´m able to browse the input I want to work with.

But with this solution appeared another problem, and I would be thankfull if someone could help me out.

Here´s a part of my VI:

variable.png

And everytime I run the application, tha same error pops up:

Error -1950678945 occurred at Open Variable Connection in tilt sensor.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: The URL specifies a host name that does not correspond to the local host, but LabVIEW only supports the specified operation on the local host. You cannot perform the specified operation on a remotely hosted variable or stream endpoint.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks in advance,

Henrique

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,311 Views)

Hello Henrique,

It seems that you are having a problem with firewall and network configuration, you should check some settings of your network connection with your hardware. Here is a link that shows the same error that you have using network streams, and probably the same way to correct it:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BB3A4E062CE21A098625775F00710497

If you have any doubts, just ask.

Thiago Matos
Engenharia de Aplicações
National Instruments Brasil
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,275 Views)