From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using arrays

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I am trying to store my data in an array. I can get an input 3-18, and then I want to store, how many times I got the indvidual numbers. Like 3-3s, 2-4s, etc. So my idea is to make an array full of 0-s, and then add one to the element, which index is the input minus 3. But I cant convert my numeric input to long(The type of the source is 1D array of
long

[32-bit integer (-2147483648 to 2147483647)].
The type of the sink is long [32-bit integer (-2147483648 to 2147483647)].),

and I would need an array, which has in- and output. Could someone please help me out?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(977 Views)

Start with a few simple tutorials. (There is no toplevel loop, the case structure and boolean serve no purpose, there is a "+1" primitive which you could avoid by rounding towards +inf instead. etc.)

Your question is not clear. All you probably need is one loop to do everything. The index input to "replace array subset" is a scalar, so you need to process it one element at a time, for example in a FOR loop.)

Also please attach your actual VI. It is impossible to run and debug pictures.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(953 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maklaba

Here's one possible solution. (Note that I also just attach an image instead of a VI to give you something to do ;))

altenbach_0-1614190427157.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(941 Views)

Thank you so much! I need to round downvards, because I dont want to have a 0 output, which happens, if the random number generator gives me 0. But thanks for the other stuff!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(936 Views)

The help is wrong. The random number cannot be zero.

EDIT: This page is correct and uses the same wording as the original paper by Wichmann&Hill.

"... rectangularly (evenly) distributed between 0 and 1, excluding the end points ..."

So yes, zero or one cannot occur!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(932 Views)