LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a vi in another vi

I 've created a vi which is used to access data ( current ) from a daq device. The current is calculated using formula and is outing the double value.But while calling this vi in another vi the current is always zero or the data is not getting transmitted. Can anyone help me in this.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,585 Views)
This is not enough information to give a good answer. What DAQ device is it? How is it initialized? Can you run the subVI in highlighted mode? Can you see  values then at the data bubbles? How do you pass the Value to the superVI? Can you attach a simplified VI so it is easier to understand what the problem could be?
Greets, Dave
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,582 Views)
I am using Data qquisition device from emant ( www.emant.com,emant300). The sub VI is called by value...ie directly calling the vi in the supervi and connecting the terminals designated, to the formula loop for calculation.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,577 Views)
here is the vi
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,574 Views)
When I run at the highlited mode the icon is shwn with an arrow depicting that its executing ,however no bubble is getting transmitted fronm the subvi
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,571 Views)
Of course you can't get data from the subVI. The subVI has a while loop. The only way to stop the while loop is with the stop button on the subVI. The subVI is not made visibile while it is running so you don't have access to the front panel and the stop button. A subVI will only return data when it finishes. It can't finish and what you have created is an infinite loop and need to use the abort button. Get rid of the while loop in the subVI since it's not necessary and you will get your data back as expected.
Message 6 of 7
(2,558 Views)

Thanks....its working fine....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,528 Views)