cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using WinCap 3.1 dll in Windows10

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am trying to run an old program which used WinCap 3.1 and was developed on LabView 8.2, but there seems not to be any replacement for the WinCap dll to run on Windows10.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(763 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author p.efford

There is a replacement for WinPCap and it is called NPCap. It provides an installation option in the installer that allows to add a WinPCap compatible proxy layer to the system, so that old WinPCap applications can work with it. Please note that there are restrictions about on what systems and on how many you may install NPCap on without obtaining an OEM license from them.

There is also a private project called Win10Pcap which implements the original WinPCap binary API, but uses the modern NDIS 6 driver API for Windows 7 and later under the hood to hook into the Windows network driver stack, just as NPCap does.

Unless you find trouble with using NPCap, I would definitely go with that one. Win10PCap, while being a nice project and a good effort, is pretty much a one man show. And Win10PCap is under the GPLv2 so if you intend to distribute your application to anyone else, you basically force your entire app to be GPL licensed.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(739 Views)