cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Proper Driver For Mettler-Toledo Bluetooth Scale

Solved!
Go to solution

Support,

We have a Bluetooth Option (BTS) installed in one of our scales (XP4002S) and is currently used with our Bluetooth Printer (BT-P42). We would like to now interface the scale with a laptop but currently only has a standard wireless card installed (no bluetooth capability). Once we buy and install a Bluetooth Wireless Card into the laptop then I will create a LabVIEW Application that will receive the weight data from the scale and have the Program enter it directly into an Excel WorkSheet instead of printing the weight data.

First Question, is there a generic instrument driver required for our XP4002S Scale such as found in "mttx.llb" ? Or is there a specific driver required ?

Second

If someone from Support could please answer our questions and provide further technical docs ASAP, it would be much appreciated !

Thanks in advance !

Barry Biernaskie
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,161 Views)

If you will be communicating with the scale using only Bluetooth, then LabVIEW supports Bluetooth devices that use the Microsoft Bluetooth driver on Windows XP Service Pack 1 or later only. You can refer to the Microsoft Web site for Bluetooth devices that support the Microsoft Bluetooth driver.

Most Bluetooth devices use a proprietary Bluetooth driver by default. To use the device with LabVIEW, you must switch to the Microsoft Bluetooth driver. On Windows XP Service Pack 1, you must obtain the Microsoft Bluetooth driver CD from the manufacturer of the device to switch drivers. On Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, the Microsoft Bluetooth driver is already installed.

If I have not answered your question correctly, please post back.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 4
(3,139 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author biernaskieb

Hello Adnan,

Thanks very much for your reply ! The laptop is not usually connected to our network so I need to first update it to the latest Windows XP Service Pack. Our IT suggests using a USB Bluetooth Wireless Adapter instead of installing a Bluetooth Network Card, do you foresee any issues with using a USB Adapter ?

As soon as I get the Bluetooth working on the laptop, I will try using some of the library vi's to talk to the scale first then I will go from there, are there any known issues when trying to communicatie with the Bluetooth scales ?

Thanks !

Barry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,120 Views)

Hi Barry,

There are no specific drivers for your device in LabVIEW however if you make some, feel free to post them to the NI community site, and maybe people in the future will be able to use it.  There aren't any specific issues known about all BT devices, but if you come across a problem, you should post then about it.  You mihgt want to use this Developer zone article as a starting point:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3260

On a side note, if you mark your own post as a solution, you probably will not get any more responses to it because a lot of people don't bother answering posts with solutions already.  When someone else does provide you a helpful solution, that is the post that you want to mark as the solution.  Also Kudos to anyone who helps are also appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,106 Views)