LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ORCA-Flash 4.0 camera with LabView

Hello,

I have an ORCA-Flash 4.0 V2 camera from Hamamatsu that I want to use to capture live images from a microscope. I know of the Video Capture Library Hamamatsu is supplying, unfortunately the image obtained in labview is not displayed properly ,a halved image is obtained(photo attached)

yael1994_0-1581928619487.png

The camera is controlled by HOKAWO imaging software and the image that obtained there is is a full picture as desired.

I really don't know what to do already, I hope someone can help with this issue and thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,094 Views)

Hi,

a first guess that I can venture is that the option selected in the Palette submenu of the menu that appears by right-clicking on the Image Display doesn't match the type of image you are capturing.

Palette.png

What kind of image is it (grayscale, color...)? What is its size?
For more information, you can refer to the Vision Help.
Regards,
Alessia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,036 Views)

If you enumerate cameras do you see the camera?

Test.png

If you see the camera in this list then you should be able to talk to it without the library from the OEM. It looks like they are using LabVIEW 2011 for the software they wrote. Things have changed over the years.

If this is an Ethernet camera you may have to use the Ethernet part of the vision system.

Do you see the camera in NI Max under devices? You should see the camera there and you should be able to snap a picture using the NI Max window. If you get a good picture there then you can move forward in LabVIEW.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,033 Views)