From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Notifiers with Case Statements

hi,

I have two while loops. The top while loop using an event structure will run when a button is pressed. This will send a notifier to the 2nd while loop which holds a case statement(state machine) to run multiple states. I am seting up the 2nd loop with the case statement using a shift register to allow running whatever state needs to run. I wanted to pass an Enum constant from the Top loop to the 2nd loop and have the Case statement run that case to start the process. I dont see how to have the case structure see the notification or how to break into the shift register that feeds the case structue of the 2nd loop. I dont really have code to post on this. I have been looking at examples but have not found anything like this.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,225 Views)

This is sounding a lot like the Queued Message Handler.  You might want to look into that example.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,211 Views)

To have thought it out on your own is pretty cool, though.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,189 Views)