From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NI cDAQ 9401 for Futek TRS605 Encoder Measurements

I am using a Futek torque and encoder sensor TRS 605. The torque is read using USB-6009 and encoder using cDAQ 9401. The problem is with the encoder readings through 9401. The angle readings are getting incemented at the reference. If I start at 0 degree going CW to say 100 degrees, when I come back to phsically marked reference, it read 6-8 degrees off.  Next time, I do that, it's reading 20 degrees off at the physical reference.

I have attached the TRS605 spec sheet. I am connecting Angle 1 (blue) wire to pin 14(PFI 0) of 9401 and Angle 2 (brown) wire to pin 16(PFI 1) of 9401. The cDAQ is configured for Two pulse decoding.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,449 Views)

Hello ipc,

Can you use a scope to verify that your encoder output is correct.  If you count the pulses on the encoder by moving the position forward and backward to a known position such as 90 or 180 degrees you can see if the encoder is working correctly. This will help isolate where the issue is occurring.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,435 Views)