cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NI 784xR Device with a LabVIEW FPGA Example VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey,

I just started using a R-Series RIO, while following the document (manuals/373256e.pdf) i got stuck in Step 4-12: "Using the terminal block, connect analog output channel 0 to analog input channel 0 by wiring AI0+ (RMIO pin 68) to AO0 (RMIO pin 55) and AI0– (RMIO pin 34) to AOGND0 (RMIO pin 21), respectively."

Can someone please give explanation of this step, i dont know how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alann

Hi Alann

I'm not sure what aspect you are stuck with, so I'll try to start from the begining. To connect signals to your RIO device you need a connector block that exposes the different connections/channels avaliable on your card. So there is a translation from channel on the card to actual physical pin on the connector block. In the case you have described the Channel on your card AO0 is connected to the physical pins 55 and 21 (one for plus one for minus) on the connector block. So to send a channel out on channel AO0 you need to connect the wires to pin 55 and 21. What is intended in this example is that you generate a signal on AO0 and then read it back on AI1, so you need to physicaly connect these two channels.

To be able to make it clearer I need some more info from you:

What exact model is your R-series card? 

Do you have a connector block and if yes, what model is it?

Hope this helps

Best Regards

David

Message Edited by Davidek on 08-10-2009 06:26 AM
Message 2 of 3
(2,272 Views)
Thanks a lot David!! Your post cleared out my confusion & i was able to connect the pins.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,249 Views)