LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Multiple Daq

In terms of a custom calibration,  perhaps what you want is a custom scale?

The DAQmx VI that creates a channel allows you to choose a custom scale (as created, for example, using MAX) but I don't know how popular this option is - you can alternatively do the equivalent calculation manually in LabVIEW starting from voltage.

If you look at your previous calibrations, I imagine they will describe the relation between for example force and voltage in the form of a linear equation. Implementing this is LabVIEW should only require two numeric constants, an add/subtract and a multiply node. 

If you have a nonlinear relationship, you could implement interpolation between known data points as an alternative (but this doesn't sound like what you've described)

GCentral
Message 11 of 12
(484 Views)

@cbutcher wrote:

In terms of a custom calibration,  perhaps what you want is a custom scale?

The DAQmx VI that creates a channel allows you to choose a custom scale (as created, for example, using MAX) but I don't know how popular this option is - you can alternatively do the equivalent calculation manually in LabVIEW starting from voltage.

If you look at your previous calibrations, I imagine they will describe the relation between for example force and voltage in the form of a linear equation. Implementing this is LabVIEW should only require two numeric constants, an add/subtract and a multiply node. 

If you have a nonlinear relationship, you could implement interpolation between known data points as an alternative (but this doesn't sound like what you've described)

Thanks! yes it is linear, I will try to do that and also try to do that with custom scale.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(479 Views)