LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Multible Vision Quantify 2 Vi's

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I'm using LabView 2018 with the vision2 pack installed. I have been using the Vision Quantify 2 VI to monitor an imposed 'roi' mask from a USB video input. In previous iterations of my code (which works perfectly), whenever when an object enters the 'roi' location and the mean pixel dips below a predetermined threshold an action occurs. Now I am attempting to monitor multiple locations within the video feed to determine whether a moving object is in one of four locations within the field of view of the camera. (starting out with just two detection areas) This has proven to be much more difficult as I have tried to split the video into two streams and apply a mask to each individually then use image quantify to measure mean pixel intensity in each area. When I run the VI, which I have included below, both detection streams detect the same area of the video despite having different input masks. I have a feeling it may be a limitation of vision quantify 2 but if anyone sees a dumb error or has an alternative solution, I'm all ears.

Also, I have tried breaking the detection streams into separate while loops with the same results...

Cheers, 

Jonathan Seaman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,775 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JTSUCL

Hi Jonathan,

IMAQ Create.vi creates an IMAQ image buffer that is referenced by the name you give it. You are calling this VI twice to try and create two separate image masks, but since you are giving the buffers the same name, they are both actually referencing the same mask image. This should be as simple as giving these mask images unique names.

Paired Pulse Detection combined.vi Block Diagram _.png

-Jordan

Message 2 of 3
(1,692 Views)

Thank you Jordan!

That was likely it. I’ll keep that in mind.

Cheers,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,687 Views)