LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MathScript in LabVIEW eval for Mac

Our university has been slow in getting the LabVIEW 2010 site licensed copy, so we have been forced to use LabVIEW 2010 eval for mac to work with some externally sourced 2010 code that we had to rewrite.

Recently, I requested and received a copy of the free MathScript module for Mac/Linux (2010). Unlike the experience of a NI engineer with 2009 eval, it installed cleanly with LabVIEW eval 2010. However, the MathScript VI does not appear to available in the palette. Restarting LabVIEW does not seem to make a difference.

In case this is an eval version / installer bug, it would make sense to wait for our site license to arrive. However, the site license will probably be available after the holidays and I do not want these two weeks wasted in waiting by the students.

Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,245 Views)

Sorry, I don't have any Mac experience, but if you have access to a virtual windows machine (e.g. parallels desktop) you could just use the windows evaluation version instead.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,237 Views)

We run a windows-free lab, so that is not an option. Virtual machines are resource hogs and not suitable for any serious development work.

I have checked with the readme - all the files required for an uninstall are actually present at the right location in the directory tree. The resource is just not being loaded.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,231 Views)

Hi m-s,

As a temporary fix, you can manually add the VI to the block diagram.  You can do this by going to Select a VI category of the functions palette.  You then just need to locate the MathScript VI file on your computer.

Hope this helps,

Starla T.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,188 Views)