LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LabVIEW with PostGRESQL and DataBase connectivity toolkit in windows system

Solved!
Go to solution

I am looking for the  implementation of  PostGRESQL Database with LabVIEW using Database connectivity toolkit in windows systems, I have come across the implementation of the same in Linux , but I couldn't found any on windows, any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,438 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SAIKIRAN_GOVINDU

You need to install one of the drivers mentioned on this page: https://www.postgresql.org/download/products/2-drivers-and-interfaces/

Note that some are commercial and others are free/open source. Personally I would probably try out to install the psqlODBC driver and if that gives problems you could also try the "PostgreSQL Native OLEDB Provider (PGNP)". Another option might be Npgsql.

They all plug into the Windows SQL API infrastructure in some way, and are then accessible with the LabVIEW Database Connectivity Toolkit through Windows provided bridges. The Database Connectivity Toolkit itself accesses the OLEDB API, but through it also ODBC and .Net Database drivers can be accessed.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,421 Views)