From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LabVIEW as a video streaming client?

Hey hey! Recently I read a post in which somebody used LabVIEW in conjunction with the Video Development Module and the Vision Acquisition module to create a system that can upload webcam footage onto the web. That being said, however, I was wondering if it would be possible to reverse-engineer this in a way.  My goal is to create an application that does the following:

• Receive image data from a Local Host URL
  • Decode the data on the client running the program
  • Display image data on a client UI

Any help is greatly appreciated!

- Brasilius

Here is the original post in question for anybody wondering: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Web-Development/Streaming-Images-Over-Websockets-Demo/ta-p/3531837?...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(782 Views)

What do you want to reverse engineer on a small example VI whose diagram is even posted?

What you want to do is certainly possible but it will get a little more complicated than that single example program you dug up. This forum is literally plastered with posts where someone asks for one or more points of your list and gets help with it and with usually no feedback if they succeeded and never with an answer posting their own result.

So everybody like you starts again from scratch.

It’s not very complicated to do but definitely more work than wiring together a few blocks.

So what is your experience in LabVIEW? Why do you want to use LabVIEW for this? What other programming do you know?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(728 Views)

I'm looking to go from a preexisting video source on a webpage to LabVIEW. Are there any examples of this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(620 Views)