LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Finite Element Method in LabVIEW

Hi,

I'm a student at what could be considered the German equivalent of a preparatory high school. From the 30th of January to the 3rd of February my mechanical engineering course is having a project week. The result of that project week is planned to be an educational software that can be used to teach students at the adjacent professional school how to use the finite element method with the help of a simple graphical tension analysis.

Now I'd like to know if anyone around here is in any way experienced in using LabVIEW in combination with the FEM or if anyone knows of any online ressources that might help me and my fellow classmates.

Thank you

-Marcel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,881 Views)

I forgot to mention that I created a similar post on the German site labviewforum.de: https://www.labviewforum.de/Thread-Finite-Elemente-Methode-in-LabVIEW-nutzen?pid=186681#pid186681

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,842 Views)

I remember doing FEA on paper a long time ago.  If the problem is simple enough you'll have a bunch of equations that you need to solve simultaneously.  You can use the Matrix data type and functions to solve them, although I can't remember how. 😄  If the problem truly is "a simple graphical tension analysis", and you're in the "equivalent of a preparatory high school", this might be how you're solving your problems.  If you're actually solving 3-dimensional FE problems in High School, wow.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,781 Views)