From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Data Storage VIs with ASAM ATFX

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently trying to work with the TDM data storage system to create ASAM ATFx files. I can read files just fine, however the system will only work in read only mode.

For my application, I need to create new files, which seems to always give me the error -2558 (Cannot open the data storage file). I'm sure I'm missing something really simple but I cant seem to figure out what it is.

I've checked on the plugin webpage and it says that this plugin is capable of exporting and writing to the format.

I've attached a screenshot of my error along with a VI and a link to the URI file from NI. Any help would be appreciated (even if its just informing me that this isn't possible).

https://www.ni.com/de-de/support/downloads/dataplugins/download.asam-e-v--dataplugin-for-atfx.html#3...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(965 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NikolaRistovski

Hi All,

So I managed to get this to work, it was basically down to me not understanding exactly how the express VI inputs need to be used. Attached is the VI that should work given you have the ATFX_TDM Dataplugin installed.

The express VI showed error -2558 because the automatic dataplugin recogniser didn't function properly. This was happening because I had written "ATFX_TDM" in the "Dataplugin Name" input. This should just read ATFX (go figure...). So the "Dataplugin Name" input is not the name of the actual dataplugin that you wish to use, but the name of the file extension. This is, at least, what the leason that I think I've learned here but if anyone knows more than me about this they could probably correct me on that.

I thought I'd just write this here to mark as a solution to help anyone who may have had the same issue as me.

Cheers,

Nik

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(813 Views)