From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 2 different TCP/IP addresses to talk to 2 different remote servers

Hi all,

I have an application which needs to communicate to 2 different external servers with 2 different IP addresses which are on 2 totally different subnets. So the PC on which my application resides also has 2 network cards/ports.

My question is how can I pick the separate IP addresses of my PC in my LabVIEW code to open separate TCP connections to the two external servers at the same time. (I do need to have the two connections open at the same time).

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,075 Views)

This shouldn't be done in LabVIEW; Windows should handle it if you have setup your network cards right.

For instance, if you have 2 network cards set up as 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.1.2, both with subnet masks of 255.255.255.0, then it should automatically send any traffic on the 192.168.0.X range to the first and 192.168.1.X range to the second, because that's how the mask is set up.

Do you have an internet connection on one or both of these cards?  Or is it a 3rd card for the internet, or is it isolated from the internet?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,066 Views)