LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User writes a value, logic processes it and erases the value

This is a no brainer, but here is what I am trying to do:

when the user enters a comment in the comment string and presses Enter, I want to log that comment in an excel spreadsheet and erase it (empty string) after that line.

I am struggling with the part about entering the comment and erasing it. If the user presses enter while the execution is inside the case structure, the comment gets erased.

Any idea on how I can resolve this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,043 Views)

Perhaps you should use an Event Structure to detect when the comment was updated.  You can then erase the comment when the value has already been changed and sent to the Excel file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,024 Views)

Crossrulz,

Regarding you statement, "You can then erase the comment when the value has already been changed and sent to the Excel file."

Is that done inside the case structure the same way I have it now?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,011 Views)

TeamHalli wrote: Is that done inside the case structure the same way I have it now?

No.  I'm thinking something like this

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,002 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

What you sent works fine, but I noticed that the sampling rate was affected. I was using the wait until function (and I added it to your logic) to control how often to log the data to Excel. Now that sampling rate is no longer respected. Any ideas?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,991 Views)

Hey TeamHalli,

Two questions:

1.  When you say that the sampling rate is no longer respected, what is the behavior that you are seeing with the Wait Until Next function added?  

2.  Does that behavior change when you remove the Wait Until Next function?

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,912 Views)

Hi Rahmirez,

The problem is solved.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,884 Views)