LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Message/Dialog Box without Button that does not halt code execution.

I cannot find a way for a message/dialog box to pop up on the screen at certain points in the code that does not require a user to press a button for it to be removed.  This is because I want to indicate status of the program to the user as it is executing, but not have the message stay on the screen or need user input. i.e., 1st message: "Waiting for GPS Co-ordinates..."; second message "GPS Locked, co-ordinates are ???????" etc.

This seems like a simple thing but I cannot find a way to do this and would appreciate any advice.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,501 Views)

You will need to make a subVI that is your popup dialog box.  It will have code where it will run until some condition is me (e.g. time has elapsed, passed message to tell it to close)

This subVI you will call using VI server without having it wait until done.  That, or the subVI is in a parallel while loop that is not a part of the execution path of the rest of your code.

See this attached message thread for some ideas.  http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=10744&query.id=111004#M10744

Message 2 of 2
(6,495 Views)