LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Control Lib?

LV 5.1.1 I want to create a control which I could later select and place on
the front panel. I see that there's a User Control Lib on my controls
palette so I assume this is possible. Online help has given me no hints.
Can someone get me started?

Thanks,

Andy.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,097 Views)
The folder called "USER.LIB" which is found in the LabVIEW directory is where you put VIs that you want to appear in the "User Libraries" of the Functions pallete, and controls that you want to appear in the "User Controls" pallete of the Controls pallete.

-Jim
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,097 Views)
Save your control into your ..\labview\user.lib directory.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,097 Views)
I'm not looking for help on "where" to put a control after I've made it, I'm
looking for help "making" the control.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,097 Views)
Select the control and choose the "edit control" item or "customize control" in 6. Select typdef as the control type option and save it. This will create a linked reference to all uses of the control so that when you change the typedef, all other instances of the typedef control will also change.
Stu
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,097 Views)
For more detailed information on customizing controls, see the G Programming Reference Manual.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/321296b.pdf

Part IV, Advanced G Topics - Chapter 24, Custom Controls and Type Definitions, introduces custom controls and type definitions.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,097 Views)
Andy,

Here is a link to an application note. The note is about customizing controls and indicators. Once created, you can put the control in the user.lib directory and the next time you start labview, the new control will be available.

http://digital.ni.com/appnotes.nsf/b0be082ea11554328625648f006a132a/b26a96829c91d7e9862568b6007be825?OpenDocument

If the link does not work put "custom controls app note" in the search box on NI's website and its the first link.

Jared
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,096 Views)