LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use multiple instances of the same packed project library?

Hello,

we've got a power supply driver supporting different models, let's say PS_A and PS_B.

The driver is able to determine automatically which model is connected, but it can handle only one device at a time.

We compiled this driver into a packed project library.

Is it now possible to create copies of this PPL to control multiple power supplies at the same time with multiple instances of the same PPL?

So can we just copy and paste PS.lvlibp to PS_A.lvlibp and PS_B.lvlibp and use them independantly or will that cause any problems?

Are there any articles on that topic?

Thanks,

Dietmar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,278 Views)

Hi Dietmar,

I haven't found any articles on that topic, but I suppose it should not be a problem, as long as you adress the right power supplies correctly. Since the two VIs run independently, and adress their own hardware, they sould not interact in any way.

Did you find out something about that topic in the meantime?

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,233 Views)

Dietmar,

from the PPL part, i also dont see an issue with duplicating the PPL with different names. Technically. As the PPL-name is used for name spacing, all subVIs should have unique names, so it works.

What could create headaches is: Are there sources called by the PPL VIs which are not "duplicable"?

I think of DLLs which are not thread safe and alike.

So you have to test it out yourself as nobody on this forum can tell you if you got incompatible elements within the PPL (and its callstack) which could make things running rampart.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,226 Views)

I figured out you can't use copies of PPLibs.

ppl.png

What you can do is create a copy of your library build specification in your project to create a duplicate of your library with a different name.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,189 Views)