cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use config VIs in llb

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody

I'm working on an automated setup using Vision Builder AI (2018) and LabVIEW(2018).

As I wanted to add additional raw data storage functionality to the optical inspection handled in VBAI, I planned to use configuration files to control certain paramaters which can be easily adapted and do not have to be included in the version controlled Testsequences/LabVIEW-VIs as the raw data storage is for debugging purposes.

But I ran in to some problems. Whenever I try to call a VI in Vision Builder containing Config File VIs, I get the following error message:

delete_me.PNG

I assume I have to include the used config VIs (Open Config Data, Read Key and Write Key) in an llb. My experience with llbs is very limited, so I only tried to place said VIs together in an llb but as expected this didn't do the trick. Can someone help me out, please?

(the VIs worked just fine when I tested them in LabVIEW directly, so I assume the code is not the problem)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,684 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author swiss_ski

After looking for a solution for 2 days without any luck, I wrote about it in the forum and a little bit later I found the solution myself. As often, it really helps to formulate for someone else.

Anyway in case someone else has similar issues:

I added all the VIs I wrote myself to a project and then created a source distribuition as described here:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P6TASA0&l=de-CH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,650 Views)

Thanks for sharing your solution!  Now other people can benefit from your knowledge.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,621 Views)