LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use WaveIO and Wave File For Soundcard

Hey,

I am trying to play a wave file with WaveIO to my Soundcard. Unfortunately I'm getting the error, that the sound format is not supported. 

The wave file has a sampling frequency of 44.1 kHz and 16 Bit resolution. I hope somebody can help me?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards

Fritz

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,487 Views)

We cannot debug pictures. Can you attach the sound file and your VI?

Where did you get the subVIs? Do they have documentation? (See below)

What is the purpose of the sequence structure? Why do you read the same file over and over with each iteration? What determines the loop rate? How do you manually stop the loop? Why do you make it 32 bit if it is 16 bit (Well, there is no coercion dot, so maybe the drivers expect I32). Are you sure the scaling with 2^31 is correct? Does your soundcard really support 32 bits?

EDIT: OK, seems you are using these WaveIO tools. There is a link to contact the author. Have you tried?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,454 Views)

I stop the loop by the 'Abourt Execution'-Button. I read the same file over and over again because I want to excite a sensor with the wav file which includes an ECG-Signal. Yes I'm quite sure that the scaling is correct. Yes it supports 32 bits. I can't attach a wav file. But maybe you can try it with a sine wave? You can download one from here: https://www.audiocheck.net/audiofrequencysignalgenerator_sinetone.php

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,445 Views)

I have also an example which is working with my soundcard. I attached it...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,444 Views)

@FritzKuzorra wrote:

I read the same file over and over again because I want to excite a sensor with the wav file which includes an ECG-Signal.

Is another application constantly changing the file? If not, it would be sufficient to read the file once before the loop.

@FritzKuzorra wrote:

I stop the loop by the 'Abourt Execution'-Button.

This does not stop the loop, but aborts the entire VI, meaning that e.g. the stop and close functions don't execute and might leave the hardware in an undefined state. Bad form!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,431 Views)