From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Start In specify folder from properties

I want to start looking for file in the START IN folder specify in properties of the shortcut Icon.
My application is create using Application builder in LabView 6.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,372 Views)
emperor,

Are you trying to look for your executable in the "Start In" directory or a data file from within the application. If the answer is the first, then I would suggest learing some Microsoft shell scripting to be able to do this. If the answer is the second, then I suggest using the 'start path' input to either the File Dialog primative of the Open/Create/Replace.vi. You can get the current path of the VI, strip out the name of the VI and the executable name and then you have the same directory as the exe file so start in.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,372 Views)
I want to read some data file record in the "Start in" directory. As you know it is possible to set that directory to be different from the application one.
My program already start to look in the application directory as you mention but I would like to give the opportunity to other user to change it directly from properties instead of creating an INI file or recompile the Vi.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,372 Views)