cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb 6008

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi alls!!!!

I have NI USB 6008, when I connect the Outputs to relays, theses reaay not working, if the output no have the relay connected the output deliver 5 volts, but when i connect the relay I not have Voltage, what i need to do? to fix this issue.

Thanks

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,147 Views)

Did you look at the specs of realys? USB 6008 has only 5mA of current drive and most of the relays would need higher current drive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
Message 2 of 8
(3,144 Views)

no problem driving 5vdc SSR(solid state relays), but if you have a coiled relay..use a low side driver (depending on your relay's current needs). ULN's supplies around 500mAh and Mosfets can supply alot more...

Message 3 of 8
(3,133 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author automatizate

Also, assuming that the USB 6008 doesn't have enough current to drive the relay, it is pretty easy to use a transistor as a switch, assuming you have another power supply available. 

Page 3-4 has very good tutorials for this:

http://venus.ece.ndsu.nodak.edu/~glower/ECE376/L_Fa10/107_Transistors.pdf

Message 4 of 8
(3,092 Views)

Just an additional idea on this....

Terminal 31 provides a +5V output rated at 200mA which is taken from the USB. I've used this to drive a circuit with 4 low-power relays using transistors from the digital outputs as described above without any issues.

If your circuit and/or relays require more current, then you will need an external supply.

Message 5 of 8
(3,053 Views)

Hi,

How I made a circuit of the low power?

I want use the USB 6008 to turn on the led of the 24vdc, if I use only a coil relay to turn on?

Regards

Hugo Santos
Student at ISEC - Master Mechanical Equipment and Systems
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,957 Views)

this might help you...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,951 Views)

The present reley is coil? If I use a ULN2003A before to relay, my application will working?

Hugo Santos
Student at ISEC - Master Mechanical Equipment and Systems
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,933 Views)