LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade issues with Vision Assistant

Hi Guys,

I have encountered a problem with finding and analysing data from vision assistant since I upgraded to the new labVIEW 2013 SP2 a couple of weeks back. Within my application I perform countless camera inspections using vision assistant however i have noticed that for 4 particular inspections my vision assistant does not perform as it should. All other inspections have worked perfectly which is quite strange. Even the scripts are the same along witht the file directory locations. The first error was -1074396120 IMAQ Match Pattern3 saying the possible error was because it was not an image etc. However, after instancing a known working script into vision assistant for that inspection i receive an image but I dont receive an output from visin assisant that I am looking for.

Within my inspection I look for 4 templates and an OCR check etc and perform boolean logic to give me a true/false result. When i run my application i always get a false result, even my probes tell me there was no template match etc but when i open up the script and run it all the templates are picked up! I created a new less complicated inspection where i only look for one pattern and again i get a false result. Has anyone got any ideas? I am a bit lost at the moment considering non of the other inspections have been affected. Even creating new file paths for directories but no joy!

Thanks in advance guys! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,261 Views)

Have you only upgraded your LabVIEW to 2013 SP2 or also Vision Development Module.

Which version of Vision Development Module are you using? 2013 or 2013 SP1?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,249 Views)

From what you're describing, it seems that you're using the Vision Assistant Express VI. Would that be possible to attach a simple example with image and template that reproduces the issue?

Thanks,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,246 Views)

Hi Chris,

I was away for a few weeks. I have attached an image with template. The version I currently run is Development 2013 SP1 and the Vision Development module 2013 SP1 see attachment (Doc1). The executable runs perfectly for all of my inspections which is over 100 and only 2/3 fail because it will not find the template. The template has the same file paths as all the other inspections. When running the application i receive a fail because it doesnt see a template i believe. However, when i open the vision assistant express VI and run through the script it finds the templates no problem. Any advice is welcome.

Damien

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,105 Views)