cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Palette Files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

Currently I work on a new revision of a instrument driver. I inserted a new VI into the configure section of the driver.

But I can't access that new VI over the driver palette (I don't mean the function/control palette of LV!). I tried to copy the instrument driver with the help of the wizard - but the wizard couldn't solve the problem. The VI is still missing in the local palette of the driver itself.

I attached a screenshot of the described problem. In the red rectangle the tree view with the VI "Configure Static Value" is shown. At the bottom of the screenshot the function "Replace"->"xxx Palette" is shown. The VI block for "Configure Static Value" is missing there. And I don't know hot to update the mnu File for the configure menu...

Does anybody have the same problem? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,471 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChristianEckl

It looks you do want to change the functions palette.  Just in the driver's subpalette.  In LabVIEW, go to Tools->Advanced->Edit Palette Set.  Now browse to your subpalette, right-click and add VI (or something like that).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,452 Views)
In the palette editing mode you can r-click the group and sync it against a folder, then you should only need to place the vi in the right folder.
I just posted an idea about improving those functions, they're cumbersome.
/Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,444 Views)

Hello,

thanks a lot to you both!

I tried that procedure and it worked well. I never thought that the mnu file of the instrument driver could be updated over that function. I thought that the button "Edit Palette Set..." only influence VI's in the Controls and Function Palette which is shown in LV itself. But after saving the new palette set the mnu File was updated by an own LV window. Not it works excellent!

Thanks a lot! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,419 Views)