LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Control in Tab controller

Hi,,

I have multiple pages on the tab controller and a multicolumn list box on every page. I will fill with data on the multicolumn list box on every page sequentially one after the other. While filling data on one page i need to see the already filled data on the previous pages.

To implement this I can have a multicolumn list box on all the pages of the tab controller (any number of pages). Using individual multicolumn list box on every page will have too many terminals on the block diagram to get handled.

Another way is to use single multicolumn list box as a common in all tabs by placing over the tab. but in this method i may not be able to see the data allready filled on the previous page because since it a single common milticolumn list box it may get changed when data being filled by other page. Can any one suggest how to update data on the common multicolumn list box on all the page by maintaining previous page data or we have to use individual multicolumn list box for every page.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,257 Views)

Hi details,

Can any one suggest how to update data on the common multicolumn list box on all the page by maintaining previous page data or we have to use individual multicolumn list box for every page.

LabVIEW trivia: to store data from one iteration of a loop to the next you should use a shift register.

So store all relevant data in a shift register!

Can any one suggest how to update data on the common multicolumn list box on all the page by maintaining previous page data

Just some grammar correction: it's not on all pages, but over the whole tab control…

or we have to use individual multicolumn list box for every page.

For 7 pages you get 7 terminals: what's the problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,241 Views)

Hi Gred,

I Think my doubt has not been properly conveyed so that others can understand my query.

I have attached a front panel and it can be implemented in this way with individual multicolumn box on every page so that individual multicolumn list box will be updated separately and the data will be available on the MCLB with respect to that page. In this VI if we update MCLB on page 1 it will update the control on that page and that data will be restored to view by user while the MCLB on the page 2 being updated.

But my query is if i use single MCLB as common over all pages means the MCLB will be updated irrespective of the page selected and i could see the only the currently being updated data on the MCLB over all the page of tab control.

So my requirement is data updated on the MCLB on page 1 should be available to view even when i start updating the MCLB on the next pages...

As per the attachment the pages with individual MCLB to be replaced with single MCLB in column and to be viewed data of respective page. I hope i have explained clearly the doubt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,224 Views)

Hi details,

So my requirement is data updated on the MCLB on page 1 should be available to view even when i start updating the MCLB on the next pages...

Again: store your data in a shift register - including information, which data belong to which page!

When the user switches the page you could call an event case. In the event case you update the MCLB to show the data relevant for the current page…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,211 Views)

Keep/ Store the Values of Each pages in the Shift register based on the Switching of pages update the respective stored values to MCLB

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,202 Views)

Hi Gred,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it out and get back.

If am correct, Storing data in shift register means finally i should use some local variable to store data from the shift register and transfer the data from the local variable to the MCBL based on the page selection.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,199 Views)

Hi details,

If am correct, Storing data in shift register means finally i should use some local variable to store data from the shift register

NO!

You don't need any local variables to "store data from a shift register"! You store the data IN THE shift register and only need wires to read from/write into…

Basic pronciple of LabVIEW: THINK DATAFLOW!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,192 Views)

Hi,

i need to fill data in the multicolumn list box one after other like 1 to 10 on the 1st column, then 11 to 20 on the 2nd column and so on... Note i need to fill one cell after the other cell only like (0,0), (0,1), (0,2)... then (1,0), (1,1), (1,2),,,  and so on. how to create in this fashion. Attached the VI which i tried out for reference. can anyone advice..

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,175 Views)

Hi details,

first step: initialize a 2D array of (empty) strings for the needed size

2nd step: replace array elements as needed "like (0,0), (0,1), (0,2)... then (1,0), (1,1), (1,2)"

And please use ReplaceArrayElements instead of InsertIntoArray for this…

I merged your new question into your older thread as you still seem to search for an answer for the same problem…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,160 Views)

filling column by column

fill-listbox.png

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,152 Views)