From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Waveform Chart with every new iteration/cycle of 10 data / horizontal slider control

Greetings,

As mentioned in the subject "In a For Loop with a specified (N) counts that display graphs/charts, how to access the i-th or range of i-th number of iteration of the displayed graphs/charts". You can see the example of what I meant in the screenshot.

Does this involve creating a property node of the numeric indicator of ith (Current Loop No.)? If yes, suggest me which property node of Current Loop No. in order to be able to get that portion of displayed graphs/chart from the overall displayed graphs/charts of 84 counts.

I need to use a horizontal pointer slide with 2 sliders that has a min number and max number according to the specified (N) counts, for eg if the N for loop count is 84. Then the slide will have the number from 0 to 84.  

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(913 Views)

What do you mean by "access"? Do you want to output it from the For Loop? For any data you want to output, just wire it through the For Loop and it will create an auto indexing tunnel. Right click this tunnel and change the tunnel type to conditional, this will add a boolean input that only outputs the values when it is true. In this case, you can generate this condition using "in range and coerce" to only output values for iterations in a certain range.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(889 Views)

@quadratini26 wrote:

Greetings,

As mentioned in the subject "In a For Loop with a specified (N) counts that display graphs/charts, how to access the i-th or range of i-th number of iteration of the displayed graphs/charts". You can see the example of what I meant in the screenshot.

No, I cannot.  And I'm famous for guessing!

I think you might want to get rid of the for loop altogether since, its input never changes!  All you do is flicker through a few 10x8 sections of the input array.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(883 Views)

access as in getting the ith number/range of ith number and grab the data displayed in the graph/chart during this ith number/range of ith number to another graph or chart.

yes, output its displayed data from the For Loop to a graph/chart.

Right click this tunnel and change the tunnel type to conditional, this will add a boolean input that only outputs the values when it is true. Can you give example of this sentence graphically. I cannot visualize it clearly.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(855 Views)

Was my previous post (at the bottom of the last page) not what you wanted?

With regards to this:

@quadratini26 wrote:

a min number and max number according to the specified (N) counts

you do need a property node; you can find it at Data Entry Limits > Maximum.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(832 Views)

yea, sorry i forgot to mention there. I tried your suggestion but it does not work as wanted.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(820 Views)

@quadratini26 wrote:

what property node is it?

Data Entry Limits. Maximum. 

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(810 Views)

and also what do you mean by this, 

In this case, you can generate this condition using "in range and coerce" to only output values for iterations in a certain range.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(798 Views)