LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update LabVIEW 2011 Professional version to LabVIEW 2014

I am Licensed user of LabVIEW 2011 for professional Version.

Some vi which are for higher version of LabVIEW I am unable to open.

So can I update my LabVIEW to the latest version.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,067 Views)

You have several possibilities:

1. Upgrade to the newest version. This is not free unless you are on SSP.
  2. Post the higher VIs in the version conversion forum and somebody will downgrade them for you.
  3. Download and install the newest version in evaluation mode and use it do downconvert the higher VIs.

Option 2 and 3 could be problematic if the newer versions use new features that are not available in version 2011.

Message 2 of 7
(3,051 Views)

Well, if you currently have SSP you can upgrade to 2014, just install and license it. You can find out if your SSP is active in your profile und my products.

Alternatively you can check the downconvert thread to get a 2011 version, which might or might not work out of the box.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,046 Views)

What is SSP user.

In my profile zI am unable to find Myproduct.

Please help to resolve this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,040 Views)

Hi joshilm,

why don't you call your local NI office?

Tell them your LabVIEW license number (as can be seen in the LabVIEW "About" window or in the LicenseManager) and ask for upgrade options!

Discussing license questions should be done with the software supplier…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,034 Views)
SSP is the Software Support Program and you get one free year with the purchase of LabVIEW. Since you don't know what it is, I'm guessing you've ignored the requests from NI to renew it and now you'll have pay for all of the years that your company did pay and bring it up to date.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,024 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
SSP is the Software Support Program and you get one free year with the purchase of LabVIEW. Since you don't know what it is, I'm guessing you've ignored the requests from NI to renew it and now you'll have pay for all of the years that your company did pay and bring it up to date.

That's not the same everywhere in the world: In some countries you actively have to terminate the SSP to stop getting updates every year. Some people don't know that and don't use the "benefits" from it.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,002 Views)