From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update FP Status Indicator by unique ID

Hi All,

Let's say I have N DUTs running tests in parallel, and I have corresponding N String Indicators for each DUT.  How can I dynamically update each DUT status to its respective Status Indicator?

I have done something like this:

FP_Ref_Test.png

FP.png 

This way, depending on the DUT ID, it will assign the correct "Status Text" to the Status Indicator by matching Label.Text.  I was wondering if there is a better way of doing this?

Best Regards,

Mikejj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,323 Views)

Hi Mikejj,

a better way of doing this?

- Use a string array to display those status messages and use "DUT ID" as an index into this array. No need for references, loops, property nodes…

- place the "status" indicators inside your case structure and wire "DUT ID" directly to the case selector…

- use a FGV (aka AE) to keep your string references in a key-value-pair table (using Variant attributes). The "DUT ID" will be the key to get the corresponding string reference. Now you only need to search for the string indicator reference once…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,307 Views)

hi , 

You find the solution in The VI below  .

Kudos are welcome .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,301 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for the suggestions...looks like I am way over complicating things.

Regards,

Mikejj

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,264 Views)