LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling labview leftovers

I had LabView installed briefly some time ago.  After uninstalling it, I discovered that there were several items still on my hard drive. 

I tried without success to remove them, eventually renaming them so they would be easily recognisable, NIrubbish1, NIrubbish2 etc.

After reading a number of posts about LabView leftovers in which MSIBlast was mentioned, I downloaded it.

It doesn't help.  After selecting a file in its list and pressing delete, I get the messsage:

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable

disk that is not available

Insert the 'NI Authentication 12.0.0'disk and click OK'

which makes no sense, since I downloded LabView from the N.I. site.

So,  how can I get rid of the leftovers? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,476 Views)

How did you uninstall things?

Once you rename things, the unistaller will probably not remove anything.

What are "several items"? Can you be more specific?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,468 Views)

It was quite a while ago now, not sure, but I almost certainly used Windows Add or Remove Programs. 

Yes, I take your point regarding renaming.  Perhaps I'm stuck with them.  Not a problem really, it's just annoying to know about junk which I can't delete. 

I have no idea what they were originally called.  There are still a dozen or so items lurking somewhere.  I have searched for files containing "NI" and "National Instruments" but that didn't reveal anything.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,453 Views)

@Syncopator wrote:

I had LabView installed briefly some time ago.  After uninstalling it, I discovered that there were several items still on my hard drive. 

I tried without success to remove them, eventually renaming them so they would be easily recognisable, NIrubbish1, NIrubbish2 etc.

After reading a number of posts about LabView leftovers in which MSIBlast was mentioned, I downloaded it.

It doesn't help.  After selecting a file in its list and pressing delete, I get the messsage:

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable

disk that is not available

Insert the 'NI Authentication 12.0.0'disk and click OK'

which makes no sense, since I downloded LabView from the N.I. site.

So,  how can I get rid of the leftovers? 

Something isn't quite making sense here.  You were able to rename the foldersfiles, yet you cannot remove them?  If you were able to rename them you should be able to remove them.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,437 Views)

Hi Syncopator,

I hope you are well.

I understand you have used the MSI Blast utility to reveal all the NI related files on your computer but that this didn't let you delete them.

The MSI Blast does not delete the files, it just points you to the location of every file that comes under the NI. It is then up to you to delete them.

If files have been renamed/moved or the source files cannot be found, it will prompt the message shown to you.

Unfortunately, given you have renamed a few of the files, unless you are able to rename them back to their original files, they won't be found by MSI Blast.

I hope this isn't too much of an inconvenience for you.

Kind Regards,

Dom C
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,403 Views)