LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall ONLY LabVIEW 2019

I recently had to uninstall/reinstall LV 2017, and apparently one of the toolkits I had installed the LV2019 demo. 

Now, every time I start it, the activation wizard appears and wants me to activate 2019 and my LV2017 has a watermark saying it is a demo. I tried to uninstall LV2019, but the uninstaller says it's going to remove everything, including 2017. How do I remove 2019 and ONLY LV2019?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,554 Views)

I recently tried to do that from a PC with LabVIEW 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 installed.  Before doing this, I placed a Service Request with NI, and followed the instructions of the Applications Engineer to remove only LabVIEW 2019.  It removed every single version on LabVIEW 201x.exe, along with most of the functions in vi.lib and other libraries, shrinking the files and folders under National Instruments (x86) by 90%.

Needless to say, this clearly didn't work.  I'm volunteering to be a "Test Case" for NI and am working with them to try to figure out how to safely do an "Add/Remove" of LabVIEW 2019 when other LabVIEW versions are present.  For what it is worth, the NI Package Manager, which now does the Installation and Removal of LabVIEW modules, appears to have undergone some major revision in Version 19.0.0 (needed to install LabVIEW 2019).  When we know more, I'll post an update.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,520 Views)

* Please note this may be risky *

On your command prompt, if you do issue this command wmic product > filename.txt, it gives you list of all products installed with an uninstaller (.msi) into filename.txt. You should see an entry for LabVIEW 2019 - Double clicking that should uninstall LabVIEW 2019. Here is the KB.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,516 Views)