From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unflatten from string

I'm using the Instrument I/O express vi to read and parse data from a microcontroller (MCU), using the RS-232 UART protocol. I'm currently querrying the MCU for data every 250 ms and I'm getting a response each time and I know the MCU is performing flawlessly. However, after a while I get an error message:

Error 42 occurred at Unflatten From
String in instance           34            
11serial_both.vi->serial_both.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Generic error.

serial_both is the name of my vi. I have used this express vi thing for several days prior to this without problems. How do I fix this problem?

I'm querring the MCU with the string "QX\n" and it answers with "Xyy\n" where yy is an ascii representation of a 16 bit number. The parsing function in the express vi is working fine.

Please help someone.

/Joakim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,310 Views)
When the error occurs, display the string input of unflatten from string or express VI. That will surely give you hints on what happens. Tell us what is the input string and the configuration of the parsing express VI.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 2 of 2
(2,297 Views)