From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined values in a ring box does not generate event

Hello:

I am using a ring control. When I choose an element from the list, I have no problem. the programa generates a event "value change" and I can work on it.

The problem is that at this moment I need to activate the option "allow undefined values at run time".

When I choose this option, a rectangle appear near to control to write the desired value, but it does not generate an event, so I am not able to work on it.

Can anybody know the rigth way to proced on it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,659 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

In LV2014, it generates an event once I hit enter or click away from it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,626 Views)

What event are you using?  Maybe it's not the right one?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,601 Views)

Thank you for your quick answer.

Perhaps I did not explain very well in the mail before.

The event works fine, the worst thing for me is the visual aspect.

I have a ring control with 3 options, for example. (Option1, Option2, Option 3), and I check the "allow undefined values at run time" option.

When I run the program, if I select the last option ("Other" option), a small rectangle appears near to control to insert the new value, but the text on the ring continues being the last selected Option1, Option2 or Option3, until I validate the value on the rectangle with the Enter key.

Once I do it, the text on the ring is <***> where *** is the value I write on the rectangule.

For me, it would be more useful if the text "Other" or "custom" appears on the ring when I select this last option.

I am trying to attach an image to explain it better.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,556 Views)

I am sorry, the version of Labview is 2011, Service Pack 1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,554 Views)

What i think you need to do is create the functionality yourself. Add an "Other" option and if selected ask for a new string which you'll add to the Strings[] property.

Check my attached file.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,541 Views)

Ok,thank you, it is a good idea!

I will do it!

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos