LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unattended install from Thumb Drive?

I do a lot of NI Software installs.  I have both a 5-seat software subscription, and I end up doing installs for my clients.  On top of that, I tend to hose my personal systems often (as is the nature of hardware interfacing).  On top of that, when I do an install on my own hardware, I install all versions back to at least LV2009.

I have all the developer distributions copied to an SSD drive, which makes the installations much, much faster.  (As does turning off System Restore, but that's another issue).

However, I have not yet figured out if there is a way to combine the 3 disks + drivers for each release such that the install doesn't pause for me to point to the next disk.  That is, I have all three disks copied to separate folders labeled Disk1..Disk3 + Device Drivers, but after each disk is done, the installer prompts me to find the next disk.

Is there a way to create as super folder with all of the install components in one place?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,065 Views)

As usual, I search for weeks and can't find anything.  then try "Automating installation" and I find this...

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DE2BAD19D4A9124C862573B400808EC6

Message 2 of 2
(2,060 Views)