LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Python Node when Python is installed using Anaconda environment

I am using LabVIEW 2019 (64bit) on Windows 10 (64bit). I want to use the Python Node in LabVIEW however, I am unable to get it to work when Python is installed using Anaconda. I used the example VIs such as PythonNode_AddTwoIntegers.vi and had no success. Others have also reported issue with LabVIEW not being able to get Python Node working when using Anaconda.

I have a temporary working solution. I uninstalled Anaconda and installed Python 3.7.3 directly from Python.org. I confirmed this method to be working properly with LabVIEW 2019, as other people have also posted this solution. Therefore, the main reason for this thread was to ask why is LabVIEW unable to use the Python Node when Python is installed using Anaconda? How can I get LabVIEW to properly run Python if I have Python installed using Anaconda and NOT using the default Python.org installer

I have Python 3.7.3 (64bit) installed using Anaconda (64bit). The PATH to Python is correctly configured by Anaconda. For example Anaconda has appended the following paths to the PATH variable as listed below. All other software on my Windows system are able to run Python without issues (ex: Powershell, Command Prompt, Sublime, etc...). All other software on my PC smoothly cooperate with the default path configured by Anaconda and they don't require to manually tweaking of Environment variables. It is ONLY LabVIEW that has issue and is unable to correctly run Python.

C:\Users\MyUsername\Anaconda3

C:\Users\MyUsername\Anaconda3\Library\mingw-w64\bin

C:\Users\MyUsername\Anaconda3\Library\usr\bin

C:\Users\MyUsername\Anaconda3\Library\bin

C:\Users\MyUsername\Anaconda3\Scripts

When I install Python 3.7.3 from Python.org, the paths added to the PATH variable are listed below. Therefore the only major difference between the two different installation methods is the location of where Python is installed and the path variable. LabVIEW shouldn't care about where Python is installed as long as it is installed and it is added to the PATH variable. It seems maybe LabVIEW developers hard coded LabVIEW to look for Python in the  AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\ folder????

C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\

C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Scripts\

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,711 Views)

Hi,

First of all, you have to see that Ananconda is using a compiler version that is not supported with LabVIEW (only 2.7 & 3.6 are supported), it could work but there is no guarantee that all the functionalities are going to throw positive or expected values. I've talked with NI technical support engineers and they told me that Anaconda is not supported at all so this software is not going to work with LabVIEW. 

So, you need to use the Python by itself, as you already point on this thread. You can use Anaconda on your projects and still have installed Python compiler alongside. There is no need to uninstall Anaconda. 

Greetings.

PD: If you want to still try using Anaconda with LabVIEW, you could go down a difficult road, don't do it. And don't forget to use the correct bitness and version of both Python and LabVIEW software.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,538 Views)

You can see this in this link

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,533 Views)