From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use I2C on Arduino Nano in LabVIEW

I am unable to get I2C working with Arduino Nano on LabVIEW 2017. I have installed LINX v3.0.1.192 and MakerHub Toolbox v2.0.0.35. When I try to Open the I2C channel, I get the following error: 

Error code: 5005
I2C Open.vi<ERR>
The specified I2C channel (0) is not available on the .  This device does not support  I2C.

The above problem is specific to Arduino Nano. With Arduino Uno, I had no issues, everything worked fine. 

In LabVIEW, I went to Tools > Maker Hub > LINX > Firmware Wizard... to configure the Arduino Nano. I selected the correct Serial Port that the Nano is connected to my PC using USB. I first initialize the Arduino by running the Initialize.vi (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\MakerHub\LINX\Public\Initialize.vi) without any issues. When I try to open the I2C channel by running the Open I2C.vi (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\MakerHub\LINX\Public\Peripherals\I2C\I2C Open.vi) I get the error above.

For my I2C connection, I am using the following pins according the following blog guide: https://bigdanzblog.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/cant-get-i2c-to-work-on-an-arduino-nano-pinout-diagrams...

A4 >> SDA
A5 >> SCL

The Arduino Nano I have is ATmega328 (Arduino Nano 3.x).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,129 Views)

This would probably be answered better on the LabVIEW Makerhub LINX forum 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,091 Views)

I fixed the issue. Everything randomly started working once I uninstalled and reinstalled the FTDI USB drivers for Arduino Nano. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,057 Views)