LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to read from AI Read

I am using DAQ 6014 card and using traditional DAQ VI i.e AI Read with default
conditions in the program.
The problem is if i put the AI Config+ AI Start + AI Read blocks inside my While loop,
i am able to read the input data, But the update is very very slow. If i put the AI config and
AI start outside the While and AI Read inside the loop, I am not getting any input data values.
(This way i tried bcoz i thougt AI Config inside While loop consumes time..is it true)
how to do this.. Please help, thank u.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,522 Views)
Your problem may be that you need to set the "number of scans to acquire" input of AI Start to 0. This turns on continuous acquisition. Take a look at Cont Acq&Graph (buffered).vi for an example of how this works.

Regards,
Doug Norman
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,522 Views)
Hi,

I am including a vi which continuously reads channel 0 from any of the MIO DAQ card. YOu can also change the controls on the front panel. Try it.

Hope this works. Your feedbacks are welcome.

Best Regards,
Nirmal Sharma
India
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,522 Views)
Thanks very much Nirmal,
i used this in my project, Now the continuous acquistion is working fine

hemaa
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,522 Views)
The example that Nirmal posted is pretty much exactly the same as one of the shipping examples called Cont Acq&Chart (buffered). Looking through the examples that come with LabVIEW is the best way to get up to speed and should be the first place to look for help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,522 Views)
p.s. If you want to give someone the best rating, it's four stars. One star is a lousy rating.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,522 Views)