LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to play .wav file in LabVIEW 2017 - Error 4810

I am building a simple project using a combination of Color Boxes and Random Number generators and trying to play a sound file simultaneously. I generate three random numbers in the "colour_wheel" sub VI and call it in "disco_lights".  The idea is to change the colors randomly. I am able to achieve this, but the wav file doesn't play. I get an error - "Error 4810 occurred at Play Sound File.vi".

I attempted the steps mentioned on the forum, added the Sound Output clear as well but it doesn't seem to work.  I also tried replacing the wav file, still it didn't work for me.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(6,913 Views)

I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution? Mine worked prior to upgrading to 2017.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(6,743 Views)

Hi, I have no problem with your audio file in this simple VI, I can't open your VI because is later than mine. Could you please post it in a previous version?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(6,599 Views)

I have the same problem. It worked with 2016, but I upgraded to 2017 and now I get an error.  Was there a solution to this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(6,430 Views)

If ther was some code, we could test it and try to reproduce it

Do a save for Previous on an example (to 2016) and some of us with multiple versions can play with it to help you out

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(6,427 Views)

I'm trying to use the Play Sound File.vi that came with LabVIEW. I was using LV 2016 32-bit and now I'm using LV 2017 64-bit. I thought it might be a 2016/2017 issue, but I pulled the latest "The Play Sound File.vi" from LabVIEW 2017/vi.lib/sound2/lvsound2.llb.

For some reason I can't attach the .wav file.  Just change the wave file name in the block diagram, I don't think the problem is specific to the wave file.

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(6,421 Views)

They changed the path from relative to absolute

C:\Users\Jeff\Downloads\Sound Error.vi (Sound Error.vi)
- The VI expected to be at "..\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\sound2\lvsound2.llb\Play Sound File.vi"
was loaded from "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\sound2\lvsound2.llb\Play Sound File.vi".

Looks like either a bug or a feature update to the llb

OH NI /\//\/\/ (Waves hand)  Could you comment?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(6,412 Views)

Sorry for my ignorance, but is there a easy fix to redirect the vi or do I need to wait for NI to comment?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(6,408 Views)

So what's the fix then? I'm having the same error and I have LabVIEW 2016

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(6,405 Views)

Yes, ignore the missing vi and replace with Play Sound File.vi from the 2017 palette (Programming>>Graphics and sound>> Sound>>Output>> For all y'all non- quickdroppers)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(6,400 Views)