LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Control an cRIO real Time Analog out in 1kHz

Hi, I'm wondering why I can not control an AO faster than 100Hz in cRIO Real time?
Hardware: cRIO-9067, Module NI9263 (100 kS / s / ch)
See pictures.
I would need to be able to control AO at 1kHz without the FPGA.
Does anyone have an idea.
Thanks

 

20ms

20ms.JPG

osc20ms_.jpg

 

10ms

10ms.JPG

osc10ms_.jpg

 

9ms

9ms.JPG

osc9ms_.jpg

 

7ms

7ms.JPG

osc7ms_.jpg

 

6ms

osc6ms_.jpg

5ms

osc5ms_.jpg

 

 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(505 Views)

Hi Niklas,

 


@NiklasS wrote:

Hi, I'm wondering why I can not control an AO faster than 100Hz in cRIO Real time?


Because you are using the ScanEngine - with all its limitations!

 


@NiklasS wrote:

I would need to be able to control AO at 1kHz without the FPGA.
Does anyone have an idea.


Use the FPGA to get precise timings, especially at 1kHz and higher…

Best regards,
GerdW


using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(502 Views)

Thanks for your reply.
I suspected that.

The problem is that it is sporadic when we need to change the AO value. This information comes via CAN module.
Will we need to implement everything in the FPGA for this, including CAN?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(494 Views)

Hi Niklas,

 


@NiklasS wrote:

The problem is that it is sporadic when we need to change the AO value. This information comes via CAN module.
Will we need to implement everything in the FPGA for this, including CAN?


I would prefer to implement it directly in the FPGA…

Best regards,
GerdW


using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(482 Views)

Thanks for your answers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(477 Views)