From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB to RS-485 converter is not detected in PC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am using NI USB to RS-485 converter to communicate to a device which is having RS-485 communication.

It is not detected by my PC. I have checked for the VISA drivers in my PC those are already installed. I have uninstalled entire LabVIEW and device drivers and reinstalled still the problem persists. Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,536 Views)

This comes down strictly to the drivers of your converter.  If it is not detected in the PC, i.e. it does not show up in Device Manager, then there is nothing from a VISA or LabVIEW side of things that is going to help.  Maybe it's not a driver issue but defective hardware.

Contact the manufacturer of the converter.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,515 Views)

I have checked with other PCs and is getting detected.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,461 Views)

So it must be something wrong with the way the driver is functioning on that PC.  Or something is wrong with that USB port.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,455 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karumanchi

I found it, NI-Serial Driver was missing. I was checking for only VISA drivers before. I installed NI-Serial and it is working now.

Thank you guys.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,451 Views)