From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-VISA problem!!!

Hi,

i'm having some problems with the VISA module. I've installed an USB device defined as BULK-HID, according to this instructions ( http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4478 ), and everything seems to be OK; but when i try to set the reference to the VISA-OPEN, the Visa Resource Name, doesn't find the USB device, although MAX does!.

any ideas???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,366 Views)

Go to MAX.  Open up the instrument under the heading "gpib".  Select the VISA tab.  By default the "alias" will be blank.  Put something in there like "DMM1".  In your block diagram, place the visa open vi, and right click on the resource name: create constant.  Your alias should be in the drop-down box.  I think you can wire a string to this input if you have to, but you need to match the name exactly.  Something else to try: can you use a regular VISA name like GPIB0::7::INSTR.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,358 Views)

Have you tried using the USB specific VIs?  They can be found under InstrumentIO/VISA/VISA Advanced/Bus Specific/VISA USB.

Not sure if they will help but could be a start towards a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,355 Views)